What is SculpSure?
- SculpSure is the first FDA cleared laser based non-invasive body contouring system for the reduction of stubborn fat in areas such as the abdomen and love handles. The 25-minute procedure destroys up to 24% of treated fat cells without surgery.
- SculpSure™ helps by melting the fat. It heats the fat cells above a threshold temperature and specifically killing them. The body then clears away the dead fat cells.
- SculpSure™ utilizes cooling plates to keep the skin cool and comfortable while the heat is concentrated and delivered right into the fat.
- As SculpSure™ is completely non-invasive, there is no downtime, and no need for any type of anesthesia.
What is the advantage of SculpSure?
- Only 25 minutes treatment time and versatile applicators allow multiple areas to be treated at the same time
- Relatively painless
- Non-invasive procedure
- Permanent results without surgery
- Thermal spread creates treatment areas slightly larger than applicator size, and also helps blend treatment to adjacent areas for a natural look
Is SculpSure right for me?
- SculpSure is well tolerated and is suitable for most people. We evaluate your individual needs at consultation and suggest the course of treatment.
How does SculpSure differ from CoolSculpting?
- Results from both Sculpsure™ and coolsculpting™ are similar and both result in about 20-25% improvement in the treated area
- PROCEDURE TIME: coolsculpting™ takes on average 1 hour per applicator so to treat an abdomen with 4 applicators it would take 4 hours. With SculpSure™ the same area with 4 abdominal applicators can be treated in just 25 minutes. To treat the love handles with CoolSculpting can take up to 4 hours if you are using 2 cool-curve applicators on each side, whereas with SculpSure both love handles can be treated simultaneously in just 25 minutes.
- COST DIFFERENCE: Since the SculpSure™ system is so much more time efficient, the cost per applicator is much less. We charge just $350 per applicator for SculpSure™, whereas with CoolSculpting each applicator typically costs $600 and up!
- COMFORT: With SculpSure™ there is no suction or end of procedure massage – the two most uncomfortable parts of the CoolSculpting™ procedure.
- RESULTS: Results come a little sooner with SculpSure™ than with CoolSculpting™ (6wks-3mo vs 2-4mo).
- SIDE EFFECTS: Periodic pains and numbness up to weeks-months have been reported with CoolSculpting™ whereas there have been no reported side effects from SculpSure™. In addition, bruising is not uncommon from CoolSculpting™’s suction applicators.
What should I expect during the treatment?
Most patients feel a tingling sensation intermittently throughout the treatment which is generally well-tolerated.
When will I see results?
Patients may start to see results as early as 6 weeks following treatment as the body begins to evacuate the destroyed fat cells, with optimal results usually seen at 12 weeks.
How long before I can resume normal activities?
There is no downtime with SculpSure, so you can have the treatment during your lunch hour and return to work immediately.
How many treatments will I need?
Every patient is different. We will work with you to develop a customized treatment plan to meet your desired goals. Call us to schedule a consultation and discuss what treatment plan is best for you.
If I had CoolSculpting in the past, can I still do SculpSure?
People who have had Coolsculpting™ before can be treated to either achieve a better result in a previously treated area or to treat a brand new area. Sometimes CoolSculpting™ can lead to small untreated areas between treatment applicators (known as shark-bites) which can be treated successfully with SculpSure™.
What is the difference between fat loss and weight loss?
The number of fat cells stored in our bodies typically remain constant throughout adult life. After the SculpSure treatment, the destroyed fat cells will not return. However, as we lose weight, the size of fat cells become smaller, but typically do not decrease in number. Even with diet and exercise, many people have difficulty losing weight in these trouble areas. Achieving a slimmer, more sculpted appearance is possible with the help of SculpSure. Call us to schedule a consultation and learn more about your customized SculpSure treatment.